Friday, August 1, 2014

Enjoying It

I have a few resolutions on my list for this last month of summer.

1. Enjoy it.
2. Drink more water (I'm terrible about that)
3. Enjoy it more.

I'm tired of feeling tired and worrying and wondering.  Time to nuzzle my nose a bit deeper into those three tiny sweet necks surrounding me all day and soak it in.










Making a garland for my best friend's wedding next week, the girls jumped in to make their own out of scraps from my scrap bag
Enjoying our time outside in our wonderful neighborhood, sharing chalk with friends, riding on two wheels, carrying my boy on my hip, because he still likes that sometimes
Marveling at our mid summer garden, hibiscus and perennials exploding, and that handful of pumpkin seeds that Louise dropped in our herb garden turning into some serious pumpkin plants.
Enjoying our bubble maker courtesy of our great new craft book from grandma Renie, all three were entertained all afternoon

This past week flew.  Funny really, because I made no plans.  I knew the days would fill themselves just restocking and reacclimating after our time away.  I was right, they did.  We shopped and unpacked and relaxed and enjoyed the laziness of the last week of July.  It was great.

Today was the perfect Friday, a long lazy morning, a best friend birthday party, a rainy afternoon punctuated by movies and popcorn, daddy's spaghetti, baths and easy bedtimes.  I'm excited for our weekend together.  Then next week is a short week for me.  I fly out bright and early Friday for Lisa's wedding in Texas.  I am so excited for so many reasons for that trip.  My mom and I get the first quality adult time that we've had since college, I get to meet my friend's groom and celebrate this new chapter of her life with her.  I can't wait.

I hope you all have had a great week.  Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.