Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Last Summer Days

It's the start of the week on our last week of summer vacation.  I had so many little plans for this summer.  I thought of so much to do, ways to spend our time.  We did do so much and now this last week I just feel like soaking in every ounce of laze that we can before we have to be out the door every morning at 7:45 for kindergarten.

photos from our last weeks of summer, courtesy of my girls and my canon powershot camera







and a few from me too









Cupcakes (with candies!) just because, endless youtube videos of cake decorating, LOTS of Felix crawling up on tables, counters, couches and beds (on my goodness the climbing), last summer gymnastics classes, gazing out our windows at our neighborhood, circling the cul de sac again and again and again.  It's been a good one.

I have mentioned an analogy LOTS lately, comparing these weeks before kindergarten to the final weeks of pregnancy.  You go from Oh no! I can't do this!  NO WAY CAN I DO THIS!!!!! to I am SO ready, bring it on. Meeting Ainsley's teacher and walking around the school helped so much for us both.  Me being able to picture her day at bit has helped ease my mind and she's wanted to walk by the kindergarten door every day since our meet and greet last week because she's so excited and ready.  We have one more meet up this Friday before school starts Monday.

It's started to dawn on me that once Ainsley's settled in school FIVE days a week SEVEN hours a day I'm going to have a  lot of time with my two tiny people, just us.  Louise starts preschool after labor day so most of my mornings will be just Felix and I.  It's going to be so bizarre.  I'm excited to do some things geared just for my two little ones, because lets face it, life pretty much moves at pace Ainsley all day every day.
I'm eager to try and get Felix in a musikgarten class and make fun plans for our Friday mornings just us three.  I remember so fondly Ainsley and Louise's toddler years, spending mornings toddling around the neighborhood, walking everywhere, going to story times and doing our first fun little projects at home.  It's going to be great.

How fun it's going to be to go pick Ainsley up every day with them all and enjoy fully our couple hours of afternoon before Ian gets home.  It's a whole new world for us, but now that I can picture it all a bit better it's making sense, it's feeling good.  I'm so so thankful for that.

Today is a bit dark and rainy.  I'm thinking a trip to the library this morning and the yarn shop to peruse some yarn for fall projects will be just the thing.  As much as I love summer I always love these first hints of dark and cool.  It slows us down a bit, brings us in and closer together.
 This weekend is our block party, the perfect send off to summer.  We have the most amazing neighbors (actually Louise's birthday party is comprised mostly of the little girls and boys (6!) her age lining our side of the street...we're talking the three houses directly north of us).  It's incredible.
Today I'm feeling happy and filled to the brim with excitement and joy about our lives here.   It's not everyday I feel it so I'm letting is wash over me a bit, hoping it soaks in for a while.
I hope you all are having a great start to your week.  Enjoy these waning days of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.