Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Just What I Needed

This past week was just what I needed.  I do believe, what we ALL needed.
















There were so many things about our week that were absolute perfection.
The weather was glorious.  Hot a few days, cooler others.  Breezes and sun and....ahhh.  We were outside all day every day.
I'm never quite sure how the logistics will all work out with three little people, but we made it happen and it was great.
Ainsley is a swimmer girl, so so happy to jump in the deep end, off the dock off the boat.  She even tried out water skiing this year and tubed for the first time in her own tube.
Louise loves the water and boats and swinging.  Thankfully we were prepared for her bug bite sensitivity this year and while she still got a handful of awful welts it was nothing like last year and she was happy as a clam to be in the great outdoors.
Little Felix definitely kept us on our toes, but loved his bucket of water and cups on the dock, taking long boat rides and swing swing swinging.
My favorite this year was resurrecting the put put boat; an alumicraft with a small motor.  We took the whole family out one morning and Felix slept on a bed of life jackets while we toured the entire lake. We were gone so long my mom sent my dad out on the speedboat to look for us.  Never fear, we were just soaking it all in.
I know Ian and I both most enjoyed the change of pace, the fresh air, the loons calling, the crackling fires, all of it.  It's the things we miss most when we're home in our bustling city.
This week up north is my favorite of all.

So we're back.  I'm getting ready to attend my best friend from high school's wedding, alone, in Texas.  It will be bizarre and wonderful to be on my own for two whole days.  And then?  My baby girl turns 4 and we gear up for another school year, kindergarten for Ainsley.  I'm clinging to this last month of summer with both hands.  I know it'll fly far too fast if I don't.

I hope you all have had a great end to July.  Happy Wednesday!


2 comments:

  1. I was sooo excited to see your post! You can tell just from the pictures what a wonderful time you all had. Enjoy the rest of the summer - the fall will be fine. Lily's Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Susan. I find myself actually looking forward to the fall for the first time in months. I so appreciate the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.