Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Vagueness and Fun

Our life lately has been teaching me a lot.  Mostly about patience, living in the moment, dealing with massive disappointment, picking up, moving on.  I'm sorry I'm being so vague. It's all I got right now.

Vagueness aside, life is great.  We're in the last weeks of the school year for the girls, making plans for summer fun.  We've had enough hot days to remind us of all that we love about the coming season (backyard pool! ice cream! red faced bike around the block afternoons!).  Lots of good stuff going on.

Felix is learning how to walk!  Two days after his 1st birthday he took his first real sequence of steps. He's up to five or six in a row a few times a day.  It's such a profound amazing thing watching a little baby figure out movement.  






We're loving on spring right now.  Most afternoons find us out in our garden, water color painting, digging in the dirt, riding bikes around the cul de sac over and over again (and Ainsley's just on two wheels now!  If I thought that girl could fly on training wheels, well, I had no idea).





Last week the girls both had their end of the year spring teas at school.  This is such an adorable tradition, kind of in lieu of a graduation.  They prepare all week first with invitations, making drinks and picnic snack boxes, rehearsing songs. On the big day all the families come for the last half hour of class.  We lay out picnic blankets on the lawn and enjoy our kiddos.  It's such a calm awesome way to commemorate their growth over a school year.  I loved every moment.

Louise's Tea







Ainsley's Tea







So now, as always, we're finding a new groove.  Two weeks left of school, a whole summer in front of us.  Ainsley's all registered for kindergarten after we visited the open house and fell a bit in love. My big girl wore her purple birthday dress, gave each teacher firm handshakes and did every writing and math activity they had laid out.  She's ready for her big kid work and while quieter than normal at first I could see she melted a bit into that place and I know if that's where she ends up in the fall it'll be just fine, for us all.

Ah my cute baby.



pouring over their latest highlights


 enjoying the pull out adds from highlights



And then, of course, mother's day.  It's really kind of turned into a weekend around here.  Ian's always super dad on the weekends giving me lots of time to do what I need or want.  This weekend I got to run without a jogging stroller, cook a fancy meal without kiddos underfoot, lounge in the sun and read my new book (SO GOOD), order a batch of yarn for a frivolous project (I decided it's been too long since one of those).  On Sunday we went the the Arboretum and enjoyed the beautiful morning, then we picked up some delicious burritos for lunch and just snuggled into the rainy afternoon.  It really was perfection.



And the first family portraits by both of the girls that include Felix (and on my mother's day cards to boot!).  I guess it's official now!







Ooh, and I almost forgot to show progress of our teachers gifts.  These amazing potholders.  They look just like adorable ladybugs don't they?



Yum.  This yarn feels as delicious as it looks.


This week I'm excited to get the girls signed up for summer gymnastics, enjoy a few rainy afternoons sewing and baking and playing with that new electric pink play dough we made this weekend.  I'm happy for our bursting garden and lawn, friends up and down the block to play with outside when the weather is nice.  Life is good right now.

Hope you all are having a great start to your week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.