Thursday, May 15, 2014

Frivolous and Amazing

Okay, so this is going to be a totally ridiculous frivolous posts, but after lots of heavy stuff it feels ok right now.

This past spring when I pulled out summer clothes for Florida I was thoroughly depressed. Not only was I still the same size I was last summer (thanks coldest winter ever and endless baking), but I was VERY unhappy with my clothing choices.  Last summer I got by wearing lots of stretch skirts and not so flattering post baby pants and roomy tops.  I made do for our trip but was determined to figure out something for the summer so I didn't hate getting dressed every morning.

I used to love shopping and now I hate it.  Clothes are WAY to expensive, all of them, and I just don't know where I fit in anymore.  I don't want to dress like a teenager (though I could totally go for for that boho maxi dress, cute sandals and jean jacket thing I see going on) but a lot of "mom" type clothes just make me feel old.  I was down to plain colored t shirts and saggy capri pants.  It was bad.

So two nights ago I found some things I was excited about online and decided to go for it.  I wanted to share in case you're in the same boat as me (aka, desperate).  I got my first order today and am very excited about all of it.

The item I needed most were shorts.  I'm petite so capris don't look great on me, plus I get HOT outside with the kids. IT's so hard for me to find shorts I like that aren't too long or too short.  These 7" ones from old navy fit me amazingly in the petite size and were $15 on sale.  I'm even more excited for it to hit 80 again now.  I got them in black which is new for me.  Usually I go with khaki or navy.  Black feels a bit more chic right? and it goes with everything.

I also decided to get a pair of jean shorts.  I haven't owned jean shorts in, well, a VERY long time.  Again, they're usually too short and I just felt like they looked too "young" for me now.  But I found these 5" ones and I love them.  They are cute and casual and will be great to garden in, or even throw on over my swimsuit.  Again, on major old navy sale.  Yes.

And I bought these pants, because lets face it, I still wear my knits most and these look like a step up, but still super comfy.  I'm trying here guys.

I also needed some new tops.  It was getting dire in the sleeveless department.  So I tried a henley tank top and now I wish I'd gotten more.  It's super soft and comfortable and I like that the henley design gives it a bit more interest.  I got the black one, my first black shirt!  I love it with the jean shorts.
This smocked top is awesome.
This top is still on it's way.  I'm very excited about it.

It was actually incredibly hard for me to narrow it down at old navy.  They have some awesome stuff for summer.

I had a coupon at Lands End and I'll admit, the mom in me loves this place.  Everything is so high quality and pretty classic.  I was actually going to get some new shorts from here until I saw the cheap ones at old navy.  I did still get a new shirt, a pair of chinos and a swim top.  I had a coupon for here too so it was all very reasonable.  I'm hoping all this stuff works as well as the old navy stuff.  I'll be set!

Ooh, and as a total mom of girls aside, I found two packs of bike shorts at old navy for $10.  I've been searching since spring break.  The only other place I'd found colored bike shorts were at Hanna Andersson for $18 a pop.  No thanks!

Ah, for all that I love a good save I also love a good spend.  It's nice to feel excited about getting dressed again.





No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.