Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring is Here!!!

Today is the first day of spring.  It started with snow.  Just a a bit, enough to catch us off guard and check the weather to make sure the sun would warm it away soon enough.
We were safe.  After a cloudy rainy day yesterday today's sky boasts puffy clouds and brilliant blue.  Whether we'll get more snow or freezing temps I don't know, but I do know spring is here today.  I'll take it.

Yesterday was an odd day. Ainsley had a much anticipated playdate with a new friend from school and it went so well.  It's been a while since we've had a little friend over without their parents and I was a bit weary of how that long afternoon was going to fill itself well.  I think sometimes I forget what a big girl Ainsley is now.  They all three (Louise too) played so well.  After asking after the knitting I was working on I taught Ainsley's friends to finger knit and we all sat cross legged on the floor knitting and chatting and embroidering for over an hour.  The girls played Guess Who (Vaagenes family style) all by themselves, then we ate popcorn and made tiny birds and nests and glitter paintings.  It was delightful.

Then the little friend headed home and a bad headache sunk in for me and I looked around my messy overwintered house and I felt defeat.  It was just one of those evenings.  I took a bath in lieu of eating with the family and after the kids were tucked in Ian poured us each a drink and we talked, a lot.

On the other side now I feel calm and hope and perseverance.  Life is really hard right now, in some ways, in others it's ridiculously good and easy.  I'm doing my best to focus on those last bits.  Yesterday it got the better of me, but today, this first day of spring?  It's washed it (mostly) away.






  
Ainsley's new killer backpack (can I have one?)
















And now it's Friday.  Three whole days have passed where it's been warm enough to be out every afternoon.  Today we needed mere fleeces and the sun warmed our faces.  Bedtime is easier with tired fresh aired bodies, life is a bit easier.  Ah.  I've missed spring.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.