Thursday, March 6, 2014

Nuggets

Today it's snowing, again.  After the last few relatively snowless winters and my desperation for a "real" winter this year, I never thought I'd admit it, I'm over it.  These past days have been tough.  All my zeal for cute outwear and creative indoor activities has been tapped, I'm running on empty, absolutely nothing left.

Yesterday Ainsley and I had a moment.  She was in one of her moods, I was in one of mine.  I snapped, she cried, we hugged and reenacted how the moment could have gone differently, we talkd about it lots.  Today we walked into preschool and she went right to her teachers to ask if she could help make a new name tag for a boy in the class who's name tag had been torn in half by one of her teachers who apparently also had a moment yesteryda.  Oh man, that made me feel better.  If a 30 year veteran teacher can lose her cool a relatelivly new mama to three can, right?

This time of year is so hard anyways.  We all just want to get out.  Find that new great spring groove where parks and biking and easy outdoor play is a major part of the equation.  We're stir crazy and sun deprived and its' so so hard.  For us it's even harder this year.  We're still unable to plan more than a few weeks into the future, questions about kindergarten remain unanswered.

I'm trying my darndest to focus on all of the good.  The excitement of all the possibilities in front of us, the new groove I've found with working out (and how amazing it's making me feel), my beautiful innocent children who love the snow just as much today as they did in November, my husband who is willing to do just about anything to help, as always, despite a job that takes every ounce of him.  I'm a lucky lady.

So today I'm tying to take a page out of their book.  Marvel at the beautiful white that's STILL falling down.  Dust off some old tricks and be in the moment with these three little people who are growing and changing so fast.  Felix is pushing things around walking, Ainsley is reading in earnest (and flying through every math problem I can think to give her), Louise has a terrible runny nose but is still so smiley and willing.  I love my little people.

The girls make "baby jungles" for Felix all the time, they even have a song they sing while they're making them..


New sewing in the works for my little man


lots of iced mint tea these days



the play pen is the new favorite place for everyone


pre bedtime dress up (preciously both girls had babushka style scarves tied around their heads, I'm sorry I missed that one!)




playing with auntie jooj's old contacts (what an awesome aunt to send them all the way from Boston)


Packsi Day!


Ainsley's new sweater, lying all over the house, all the time



cut out shape art


late afternoon face painting


Monster


Beach Baby



Mulan




And now a day later the sun is shining, lots of fun plans have been made, the week is nearly done.  Life feels a bit easier, at least for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.