Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Monday

I have to leave to pick the girls up from school in 6 minutes.  I'm learning to take my tiny time windows when I have them.  6 minutes it is!

This past weekend was, unique.  I find weekend to either be STELLAR! ACTIVE! AMAZING! or almost depressing (too much expectation, too little done).  This weakend was somewhere in the middle, and you know what?  I kind of liked that.  We all really needed that.

We've all had colds.  We made it all winter and now we're all sniffly and soar throats around here.  Poir Felix has it the worst.  His tiny nose has dripped so much it's hard to imagine where it's all coming from.  So we stayed mostly in, enjoyed the nice(r) weather on Saturday and hunkered a bit more yesterday with the freeze.

The highlight for me was a mommy daughter date with Ainsley on Saturday.  I'm stretched so thin during the week between housework and my three little people that I love getting one on one time on the weekends (plus she and Louise NEEDED a break from each other, it was getting dire in here).

We walked hand in hand up to our little strip of shops just 4 blocks away.  We chatted the whole time, drinking in the sun and the near spring warmth.  We peered into windows and Ainsley picked the Women's shop to go in (all handmade housewares and toys).  She beelined for the 16"doll clothes (I swear we'd never been there before, how did she know?)  You could tell she has a mama who makes things, marveling over fabric choices and embellishments.  She talked me into a BRIGHT SHINY pink dress for Molly and used her saved allowance to buy a knit Minion hat as well.  The ladies were so sweet there.  Doting on my sweet big girl.

We did a few more errands and walked home with a bulging bag of weekend groceries and goodies from the bakery (green bread! eclairs!).  We made it home just in time for lunch.  It was the perfect morning.

Yesterday I felt a bit worse.  I took the day off from exercise and pretty much lazed around.  My Felix boy is so needy with his cold Ian took over so I could rest a bit.  I'm so thankful for that.

Today has been the perfect Monday so far.  I always love having fresh groceries in the house and things checked off my list of to dos.  Just one more week until we're Florida bound!  I can hardly wait.  Until then the girls have school.  A week of walking outdoors and health lessons for Ainsley, and Irish jigging for Louise ( I love the little hints I get about their days at school).

A few photos from the end of last week

Fairy Homes waiting for the fairies to come home after the thaw...

  My favorite color combo right now, and a boy who is desperately sad his grapefruit is all gone (yes, he ate that whole thing with me)


Sun and above freezing temps!!! Our first trip back to the arboretum this year




My big girls playing in the snow in the backyard ALONE before daddy gets home from work..we're all growing so much.

 Happy Monday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.