Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What a Winter!

Oh my, what a winter we're having.  This kind of weather makes me long for ski slopes and big abundant sledding hills and wooded paths to snowshoe through.  Someday I hope?  But today? and yesterday? and all those other too cold to venture out days?  Well, we're making do.













laundry bin Little Mermaid Viewing
flower arranging, thrifted beach sticker scene making, mini muffin tin crayon melting, "new" vintage upright broiler
veggie, orzo, polish sausage, white bean, and baby greens soup...MMMMMMM!
little brother reading
my tiny sidekick
nailpolish-ing traced hands (quickly followed by makeup-ing drawn faces, a fantastic way to satiate their desire for makeovers without all the mess)

Ah, I love these kids of mine.  

They hardly seem to notice this cold and are so on board for anything.  They are excited about fun projects and extra baking, and just as happy for lots of free playing time and watching favorite movies (in fact right now they're snuggled on the chair and half watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

I don't have any great plans for today.  Perhaps an idea in my head to bake some crackers and cookies, we're out of both of those.  Definitely fold those two loads of laundry from yesterday and clean the upstairs bathroom.  Perhaps after another "going to Florida" themed afternoon bath time complete with swimsuits (even for Felix!) and a bit of sunscreen for that intoxicating beach smell.

As hard as it can be to "fill the time" on these long indoor days, it's really very nice.  I love jammies and laziness and my three sweet little people.  But we sure will be ready to bundle up and venture out tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.