Thursday, January 23, 2014

Looking Up

I keep meaning to write.  I keep starting to write.  But it's all sounding the same right now.  I'm still stressed, life it still very unsure and up in the air right now.  It's a very hard way for me to live.  In fact yesterday I wrote about this all and this morning it all seems rather insignificant.  Yesterday I was tired and grumpy and today things are looking up again.  SO today I'll write.

Yesterday at approximately 3:03 pm I got my energy back.  I woke up from a 2 hour nap next to Louise who was still snoozing. I walked past Ainsley's room where she was sleeping still and past Felix's room where he too was, you guessed it, sleeping.  I made myself some coffee, sipped and sat in silence.  Then we had a great afternoon.










::Coffee ala Hario...the best kind of coffee
::Photo of the girls playing with coins before lunch, ainsley dressed up in an 18-24 month sized zebra costume after I'd told her the hilarious story of finding her passed out in that very costume as a 2 year old in her bedroom.
::sweet Felix bot crawling all around
::The girls dressed up in their new Frozen costumes rocking out to Let It Go
::play meal prepared by Louise for me while I sew.  My desk is always so full of play meal love when I'm sewing.
::Playing with their new bear paw catch game that we made from our latest Kiwi Crate.  Have you guys heard of these?  AMAZING.  My mom got a 3 month subscription for the girls, I'm tempted to keep it going.  They are so good.

Right now I am loving my two big girls so so much.  One of my new favorites with them is reading chapter books.  We started about two weeks ago, voting on our first.  Mrs. Piggle Wiggle won hands down and we snuggled and read one chapter before rest time every day and finished this past weekend.  Yesterday we voted on our second book, Pippi Longstocking.  The girls are enamored and I'm loving all the great talks we have about the dramatic story line and characters.

I am loving knitting, it's keeping me sane.  I knit every chance I get and am plugging away at a beautiful knit dress for one of the girls and a last minute gift for someone special.  It's fun to be making something totally impractical and stunning for once.  I have way too much practical in my life right now.

I am so thankful for this past weekend. I had one super grumpy day but made it  through.  We had guests for dinner all three nights which was such a blessing.  Our little house felt full and warm.  I really like that feeling.

I am so very thankful for our home.  With such a cold snowy winter we're here a ton and we love it here.  These old wooden floors and plaster walls are our friends.  If I stop and think about it too much I sure do miss parks and sun on my face and tired legs from walking, still I am thankful.  Think how good spring will feel?

This morning I motivated to exercise during preschool time.  I showered, did two loads of laundry, knit a few rows and managed to write this.  Things are looking up.  They always do after a few down days.

I hope this cold weather finds you all cozy and warm.  Have a wonderful end to your week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.