Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Back to "Normal"

Ian's dad left this morning.  After 9 days of helping and playing and scouring our house from top to bottom he hit the road.  I almost feel bad this baby didn't come while he was here, what a reward for hard work that would have been.

The girls especially were sad to see him go.  It's times like these that I have the most guilt about living so far from family.  Ian and I are adults, we can take it, but those girls, they miss them, they don't understand time in days and weeks, don't get that in a few short ones we'll have oodles of visitors to play with them and meet their new sibling and shortly after that?  A summer full of trips up north for cabin fun.

But for now?  Relative normal.  

Ainsley came down with a bug on Easter which we thought was induced from too much candy consumption but now that it's lingered a full two days I'm thinking it's a legitimate bug.  My girl is so bummed to miss out on school.  I'm hoping she's well enough tomorrow to go!  

And our Louise, oh goodness, still as sweet and sassy as ever.  This past weekend I laid down for a nap with her and reached to grab her hand  as usual, then she looked at me with those big blue grey eyes and stroked my cheek with her tiny chub hand "I don't want to go to sleep yet mama, I just want to stare at your face".  She melts my heart daily.  

Ian's back at work, functioning at about 90%.  I'm so thankful he's rallied so quickly.  I really missed my boy.  And me?  Well, I have a whole separate post about that, but in short, I'm good, huge and incredibly uncomfortable, but good.  This baby and I have hung on 36 full weeks so really I can't complain.  I'm sure I still will a bit though because dang it's rough sometimes.

So all in all we're good.  Still moving slower and doing less but good.  So excited and ready for our baby to come soon, so eager for our lives after that!


2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. Glad you have made it (almost) full term and that despite sickness you are all getting back to normal. I can't wait to see pictures of that new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy Ian is feeling well enough to go back to work. I'm praying for him to be back to 100% very soon! Also happy that your baby is staying so healthy in that tummy of yours (as uncomfortable as it may be). Excited to meet that little one soon!!

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.