Wednesday, April 17, 2013

38 Weeks

I was going to write this post on Monday, the day I "turned" 38 weeks pregnant, but I was in a bit of whiny I'm so ready to have this baby NOW! mood and it seemed grossly inappropriate to complain about something so trivial in light of the sad/scary events of the day in Boston.

And miraculously, now that I've let it sit I bit, I don't feel as whiny at all.  Mostly?  I just feel really really thankful.

Thankful that for the first time I get to experience all those terribly annoying "so, you haven't had this baby yet? what's up!?" "you look so ready!" "No way, still two weeks until the due date?!" comments from pretty much everyone I cross paths with.  Thankful that I'm still holding up alright.  That these extra days and weeks I wasn't planning on have given me time to get things done, be with just my girls, prepare so fully for this baby, rest and lounge a bit.   Thankful for every ginormous kick and punch and roll in my stretched to the max belly.  Each one a reminder of the beautiful strong baby we have coming our way any day now.  So very thankful for this pregnancy.  I really couldn't have asked for it to have gone better.

::also super thankful for new shirt purchases meant for post baby wearing that miraculously fit RIGHT NOW!!!!::



So am I done?  Oh yes.  I can't wait to sleep on my stomach again and wake up without excruciating pains in my hips and pelvis.  I am ecstatic to get back to running, walking even at a brisk and normal pace.  I so yearn to hold my family close to me, Louise snuggled comfortably in my lap, Ainsley embraced fully into my chest, and a hug from my boy that doesn't require me standing two feet away from him.  And it'd be nice to see my feet again.  I'm so very thankful for this season of slip on shoes.

::I cleaned this mirror two days ago, I promise::



Oh baby we can't wait.  I have my 39 week appointment all scheduled for Monday evening.  If we make it there? you'll have both of your big sisters beat in the gestation department.  Deep down I truly don't mind if you want to hang out a bit longer.  I can handle the discomfort and the slight inconvenience of a huge bumbling body for as long as you need me to.  It's just, I'm so very excited to meet you.  We all are.


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.