Thursday, November 12, 2015

Here.

We're here, we made it!  I arrived with my mom and the kids a few days ago.  We were greeted by an eager missing us (and us missing him!) daddy.  and Pop, of course Pop.  For the past 8 years we've come here to vacation, to escape from our semi-urban life and relax. Now we are here for good and there is much to do and it's so different, and so entirely wonderful.

I was hoping upon arriving that all things would fall into place and I would just melt and relax and breathe a little.  I have a bit but am off and on very anxious about all the change, how it's all going to feel, how final things will pan out.  Then STOP.  We're so incredibly fortunate and as hard as it's been to wait for all of this it's here and it's more than I could have imagined and better than it would have been even months ago.

For instance, I dropped the girls off at their new school this morning.  Even last year I doubt Ainsley would have been able to make it out the door.  My big girl walked right in, beamed when she saw her desk with her name proudly displayed, excited to read two girls' names next to hers.  New friends!
And Louise, she's doing great.  A bit more clingy and weepy than usual but brave and happy and doing it.  I couldn't be prouder.
Even Felix has new things to enjoy.  Ian had veterans day off so we both dropped the girls off at school and took Felix to his new preschool to walk around.  He seems very excited for his new school and I so thankful we found such a wonderful place for him to spent the next three years.

Now Ian is back at work and I'm giving myself a day "off" to just relax and be normal for a bit.  We close on our new house Friday and move in 2.5 short weeks later.  We walked through again last night and if possible I love it even more.  We're not going to go nuts getting new things to fill up the space but there are a few things I'm very excited to get and spending most of my free time scouring for deals and finding those things.
It was so fun being with my mom as she saw the house for the first time.  There's nothing like a mom helping you envision your space and your life there to help really put the icing on the cake.

The kids are all SO excited for their new rooms.  For now they all seem to be very excited to have their own spaces so we'll go with it.  I'm excited to help them make their rooms their own.  The girls are old enough to have their own ideas and visions.  It's an exciting time! (have I used that word too much?!)
Felix is up napping off a tiny fever.  I hope he's better soon.  I head off to pick the girls up from school in a bit after putting come chicken in the oven.  My mom and I are alternating cooking nights (to be fair she's cooking way more than I am) still I'm excited to cook again without the worry of messing up our kitchen for showings or having to find things I've already packed.  It's making me that much more excited to cook in our new kitchen soon!

Ian took some great photos of the kids at school yesterday that I hope to be able to share soon.  For now picture us lounging at my parents, me driving around getting things done and taking the girls to and fro and loving this transition back to Minnesota.
We're home!





No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.