Monday, November 23, 2015

Craving, Pausing.

This morning we woke up to steady hard rain.  Ian was up with the birds and had to come get me on his way out.  I've turned into quite the sleeping beauty lately and today the kids all joined me.  It was wonderful, until I realized that it meant go time big time with Ian gone to work and my mom and dad up at the cabin.  It was my first morning getting all three ready for school and out to the car and walking in to drop off the still a bit reticent girls then across town a bit for Felix's first day of preschool at his new school.  Phew.
We made it!

Now I sit after all of that and a few quick errands sipping on coffee calculating how much time I have before I need to motivate to tidy a bit more before I have to get Felix.  Today life almost feels normal.

I've found through bursts of excitement and angst these past weeks I am so craving normal.  During a particularly acute attack of panic over all the change my dad suggested envisioning a Christmas Tree, all decorated and glowing, calm and joyful.  The tree of course representing a time in the not so distant future when we will be in our new house with our belongings, the girls and Felix with more weeks of school under their belts.  A time when we'll all be sinking in a bit more into this new life here.

This stepping stone period at my parents has been lovely.  We are getting so much help and support while having time to wrap up the things that need doing and get our toes wet in our new rhythms.  I have been enjoying being in the kitchen again though I won't lie and say it's been easy.  I'm struggling to think of things to make and having a hard time motivating to do much more than the bare minimum.  It's been a big few weeks and I'm trying to cut myself some slack but I wish it were easier to jump back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.