Thursday, June 18, 2015

Loving on Summer

Oops Im sorry, is this the THIRD post I've written about the start to summer? we're terribly confused over here.  And it's not even technically summer right?  Double whoops.

At any rate, this summer feels so incredible.  Last summer was just downright depressing for me.  This summer?  It's just incredible, did I already say that?

Last week Ainsley was home with Felix and I while Louise went to preschool camp in the mornings. We had a great week.  Aside from regular errands and fun we hooked up the burley and Ainsley rode with Felix and I to her favorite park.  She made about a million tiny elastic bracelets for everyone she knows.  We even biked to pick Louise up from school one way (which backfired when Felix fell asleep then lost his mind the whole way home when he woke up). It was so fun to have just Felix and Ainsley together for a change.  They're pretty cute together.

Our weekend was pretty great.  The highlight was going strawberry picking.  We got four giant quarts and a few great things from the farm store (pickled beets!!!!).  It's always so nice to get out of the city for a bit and breathe some fresh calm air.`
I also got lots of organizing in which I like (when I'm in the mood).  I'm in a big clean out mode over here so I'm trying to take advantage.
We had lots of rain as well so it was nice to hunker down a bit. The kids watched some movies, played LOTS of "shop" with each other.  Ah, I love weekends.

The girls are both in summer camp this week and next.  Summer camp is the best thing ever invented.  I love that they are both happily occupied in the mornings and that we have all afternoon to play and lounge and do whatever we want.
Felix and I are getting right back into our groove of morning togetherness.  This morning we went to a toddler park, bought Ian some new work clothes (because that boy won't do it himself), got the girls new jump ropes and sunglasses for me, some early birthday shopping done for Louise AND wrapping and cleaning and playing at home for a bit.  It's amazing how much we can fit into 3 hours.

Today is just the most gorgeous day.  A slightly cool breeze, bright sun and blue skies.

















And for all those other days this week that have been riddled with rain?  A few new Ed Emberley drawing books (and brainquest books the girls are loving!), a new tent, yarn to wind and music to listen to have suited us just fine.





Loving this start to summer with my little people.  Can't wait for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.