Monday, June 22, 2015

Food This Week 6/22

Oh food inspiration.  This week I'm making a chicken sausage paella, because I saw it on Gilmore Girls, because I'm finally finishing the series for the first time (and on a side note when you're already super broody about beginnings and endings PLEASE don't watch the end of a sappy series.  Not my best move).  But PAELLA.  Yum idea.

Last week I pretty much heated up things from TJs.  Spanikopita, lasagna, coconut shrimp.  Not so fancy when it's from a freezer box but SO good and sometimes we all need a few freezer boxes in our lives.  Thanks TJs, again.

This week I'm trying to get back at it.  The 90 heat and all the rain makes it hard.  Rain makes me lazy.  But I'm trying!  And we have indian food for days after over ordering for Father's Day lunch.


Chicken Sausage and shrimp Paella.  My kids love rice and anything in sausage form so I'm hoping this will be a hit.

Leftover hashbrown casserole and some kind of chicken.  Crock pot?  Baked tenders?  not sure yet.

Turkey Meatballs and Spaghetti.  I'm not usually a bit turkey subbed for ground beef fan but sometimes you just need to do what's right.  We'll see how we like them.

Stuffed Baked Potatoes, either with ham or leftover crock pot chicken.

Tune Melts.  We love them!

Broccoli Rice and more chicken sausages or the other kind of chicken that I don't make with the potatoes. I'm on my second box of delicious chicken sausages from Costco.  I love me some good easy proteins!

Ian's heading to a baseball game tonight so I'll probably just make something basic for the kids.  They love spaghetti so perhaps that.  I'm loosening up a whole lot in my old age with food. I figure as long as we're getting quality protein and lots of fruit and veggies in every day I'm doing alright.

Happy Summer Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.