Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Fun Things

I'm excited about a few new things.  I thought I'd share.

Ian bought me this blue light after Christmas.  I use it every day and have noticed a pretty remarkable change in my mood and energy levels.  I really really love it.

I just ordered a few things from Chinaberry.  It you haven't heard of this wonderful company I highly suggest perusing their sight or requesting a catalog.  Their book is my all time favorite reference for children's literature and general parenting goodness.  This go around I got their Valentine's kit, our hearth song one is finally depleted, and some fun treats for the kids for Valentine's day.  I really had to hold back and not get one of their mystery book boxes.  Someday!

Lately I've rekindled my love of sewing with amazing fabrics thanks to Felix's quilt.  Poor boy's favorite blankies barely covered his toes and I wanted to make his crib feel  a bit more like a bed.  I bought this fabric bundle from my absolute favorited fabric store and was so incredibly pleased.  The quilt turned out so well and I had the perfect amount of fabric.  I have two more quilts on my docket so I just made another order and cannot wait to receive all the beautiful fabric.  I was emailed right after my order was placed to clarify something and an 8 part conversation ensued about the awesomeness of fabric and ended with me scoring an awesome scrap bundle in my order.  I love this store!

I'm excited to have stumbled across these ABC coloring pages.

We've been working our way through First Art, a book I requested from the library.  The kids loved making colored gelatin to mix in ziplocs and it reminded me of some simple sensory fun I'd forgotten about (cornstarch, food coloring, water). It has lots of new dough recipes too so I'm excited to make some on these long winter afternoons (or at least the ones where we're not running around to activities!)
I'm also excited to dive into Drawing with Children with Ainsley and Louise.  It takes a bit more planning on my part but the lessons are awesome and since both of my girls are such little artists I really want to build and develop their confidence and skills.  It should help me brush up too!

These tiny mugs Santa brought the kids in their stockings and these clothespins are two of my new favorite things.  The mugs hold the perfect amount for hot cocoa, especially for Felix and the clothespins are used all over on yarn lines holding art projects, drawings, paintings, and tiny inspirations for the kids.  I love them! (really everything on this site is awesome, just have a look around)

I found Felix's new hiding spot which is definitely a fun thing.  I found the third wiseman from my brand new nativity set that had been lost since mid December.  Yay!  I was so worried he'd thrown him in the garbage. (His hiding spot is down the back cover of the tiny poang chair we have.  I found LOTS of tiny things in there)

The girls new favorite after school show is Odd Squad.  I feel like there are so few good "transition" shows from preschool to elementary aged.  This show is awesome.  Oh, and Wild Kratts of course.  Go PBS!

I just finished this book compliments of my father in law. It's the best book I've read in a long time.  I'm currently halfway through In the Woods by Tana French.  I'm loving it.  Yay for being able to find time to read again!

I bought a bunch of cheap old navy workout clothes on sale a few weeks back and was super pleased.  I needed new yoga pants and capris and they were by far the cheapest.  So far so good!

I got myself a few new things with Christmas money from 6pm.com one of my favorite places to shop online.  This dress (mine is teal, they must have sold out of that color, but seriously SO comfy and cute) and this swimsuit were my favorites.  I also found a new brand I love too, Horny Toad.  Lots of beautiful practical organic cotton pieces. I got a new skirt and a top that I'm excited to wear in Florida and all summer long.  I'm all about comfy skirts in the summer.

So yeah, lots of fun things.








No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.