Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Gifts

I love seeing what other people give for Christmas so I thought I'd document this years giving here.

I feel like this year is the year I finally "got it" with the gifts.  Every single thing I'm giving feels good.  I like that feeling.

Ainsley
For Ainsley's birthday she's getting Julie, the american girl doll, from us.  I've had the doll for months and months as I saw a posting on our mom mail (like a local craigslist) for a new in the box doll and another outfit for about 35% off retail sometime late this summer.  Ainsley latched onto Julie somehow through paging through the catalogs.  I can't believe my luck that we got her for such a steal.
We're also giving her two other outfits for her doll that I got on a summer sale online and a beautiful flannel nightgown from the american girl store too.
Just today I added one last gift.  A hardback copy of Heidi.  I couldn't resist when I was at our bookshop.  I'm so excited to read it with her.

Louise
For Christmas we're actually giving the girls the exact same things (aside from their santa gifts).
Lap desks from hearth song filled with new art supplies from stubby pencil studio and activity books by Usborne.  I was so excited to find that I could special order some Usborne books from our local book shop.  They are so good and so hard to find.
Their other gift is a box full of winter fun.
Activity "wand"
Pogo Jumper
Ball Slider
I also got them mini walkie talkies and a voice changer (much like this one) from a fun local gag gift/toy shop.
I'm so excited for the hours of fun these toys will bring this winter!

Felix
Felix's santa gift from us was a bit agonizing.  He really needs so little and I'm on a very need based plan with toys in our house.  Then it occurred to me that we really don't have an awesome ride on and it's kind of the quintessential toddler toy.  Then I found this radio flyer ride one that converts to a scooter and I was totally sold.  I can't wait to see my tiny guy's face Christmas morning!
Felix's other gifts from us are these blocks and this pop up toy. I just got the blocks in the mail and it's all I can do to wait to give them to him.  They are amazing!

I'd share what I'm getting for Ian but he (very) sporadically reads this blog so no dice there, though I'm REALLY REALLY excited for his gift.

Another favorite gift this year....

Preschooler friendly goods from montessori services.  I LOVE this online shop. I do one order a year from them around this time for fun little things for the kids.  This year I got snow shovels and a new pouring pitcher, mugs for their christmas stockings, pumpkin knives and plastic cutters.  A cousin of ours is getting a whole set of child safe knives and cutters for play dough and cooking fun.  It's one of my favorite gifts!

I'll share more after the gifts have all been given.  I hope you are all having fun delving this season!





No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.