Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Food This Week (11/3)

Oh how plans change.

Sunday night I had a list all ready for my food shopping for the week.  I'd watched a Martha's Cooking School that morning about one pot meals and was inspired to make some poached cod and a spanish chicken and rice dish.  Then Monday I woke up with some pretty screaming sinus pain and ended up in bed all day thanks to a husband who was able to take the day off.
This morning I revamped, knowing there was no way I was going to motivate to make two one hour meals this week.  I cracked open my Joy of Cooking, found some good comfort food, managed to get groceries this morning with Felix and now am just sitting here while the kids watch some TV waiting for Ian to come rescue me because the Dayquil is only doing so much.

Ham, broccoli (or spinach) and cheese strata (or quiche, whatever spirit moves me)

Chicken and Rice Casserole (from Joy of Cooking, homemade delicious mushroom cream sauce version) and carrot pennies (from Moosewood)

Pioneer Woman's Comfort Meatballs with cornbread stuffing with broccoli

Chicken Barley soup and bread (perhaps pumpkin?)

Red Lentils over rice (from the freezer)

Veggie burgers with leftover chili from our block party (I found a veggie burger Ian likes at TJs, success!)

I also got two bags of our favorite potstickers, tomato soup, Joe's Os and hebrew national franks, and frozen macaroni in case this bug holds tight a bit longer. And I restocked on some snacks this week.  String cheese, breadsticks and pub cheese, dried fruit, crackers. Sometimes easy food is the best food.

Now I feel ready to keel over.  Nothing like a doable meal plan and full fridge to help a mama sleep well.
I hope none of you get this cold bug.  No fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.