Saturday, February 9, 2013

THIS Moment (loving edition)

This moment I'm loving on lots in life.

This moment I'm loving...

 ...that my big girl's fever is gone after a mere 12 hours.  So thankful for this mild bug, her strong little body, lots of snuggles and those bright happy brown eyes.


...all the amazing finds from my thrifting this week.  Amazing art supplies, a fully restocked fabric closet, kitchen utensils I've been too cheap to buy at full price.  Magic every time.


See those yellow sunburst vintage sheets?  I bought a full set.  You'll be seeing a whole lot of that this summer on all three (maybe 4?) of us girls.  Enough for all and then some.


The crowning glory surely are these 2 dollar saddle shoes.  
Original vintage stride rites with bottoms so sturdy my girls have mistaken them for tap shoes.  
I'm of course thrilled with this.




 ...Louise's new sense of style.  Wild hair, backwards underpants, two boots, any kind will do.  Then of course we must sweep.  Sweep sweep sweep.  This has happened far more than once.  I think it's her "thing" now, and a hilarious delightful memorable thing it is.


I figure this is my space so a little right cheek sneak is totally allowed.  Really, it's a must to get the full effect.



And speaking of that lovely littlest (for now) lady of mine?  Why I'm loving the amazing conference I had with her teachers on Friday.  I'll admit I was a bit annoyed to have to spend precious nap time out discussing "progress" with two teachers who see my girl 3 hours a week, but after a glowing review and stand out comments like "so bright and able" "confident and self assured  "friendly, sensitive, so very social"  and "what?! she's the youngest in the class?  No WAY!" I was glad I went.  What a gift to see my girl through others eyes.  To hear how well she's doing, how ready she is already for big girl preschool.  What a gal Louise, what a gal you are.


...waking up to this after a delightful nap with Ainsley girl.  I only wish I could have shared afternoon coffee with my boy.  Hopefully running into work on Saturday afternoons won't become his "thing"!

And yes, that's my second attempt at homemade yogurt in the background.  
In typical Becky fashion I read about 10 recipes and how tos, then threw them all out the window and am trying my own combo.  We'll see!


...cooking! This red lentil sweet potato stew (with coconut rice) is definitely a new favorite.  I can't wait for what's up my sleeve for Valentine's day.  Simple, yummy food.  Mmmmm.


...this view while cooking.  Hello feet!


Ok, really this view just about all the time.


...this new book and all the goodies that have come (and will come) from it.  We made some lip balm from it for Christmas gifts and it's my new favorite.  This belly butter (made only with olive and coconut oils, beeswax and lavender oil) is simply amazing.  I'm addicted to homemade bath and body goodies.  Good thing I discovered a local herbal shop with all the accouterments.  I'm hooked.

...tiny newborn sweaters. (This is my first Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket, I truly don't know how I've made it this far without making one...simply miraculous and so so easy).


...tiny newborn sewing.  So nice to fill the gaps between larger projects.  So instant and adorable.  Ah, in love.


...holiday merrymaking.





...this photo.


Ah, my cup of love is spilling simply everywhere. Hope you're all having a great weekend out there.  We sure are!



No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.