Saturday, December 4, 2010

Things Loved in November

1. Mr. Rogers Paraphernalia
I don't know if anyone else is as obsessed with Mr Rogers as Ian and I are, but the package we got in the mail from Family Communication (thank to my Aunt Gail) was Christmas come early. We watch a show ever morning with Ainsley, Daniel "Meow Meow" and Henrietta are Ainsley's two new best friends and Fred's CDs got me through a 7 hour car trip alone with Ainsley and Louise. I know the DVDs are expensive and you can't find episodes on You Tube but if you have the opportunity to bring a little Mr Rogers into your life I highly recommend it!


P.S. What there ever a better song written than "It's You I Like" Didn't think so!

2. This Cookie Cookbook



Every recipe that I've tried in this book is AMAZING. I can't say enough good things about the recipe, pictures and historical information (yes, apparently cookies have a recipe). I'm excited to try out a few new ones this season in hopes of finding a new holiday must have!

3. B is for Bethlem
This is hands down my new favorite Christmas book. For starters is features one of my favorite illustrators. Besides the amazing pictures are the rhyming (but not in a dumb corny way) informative verses. I've been searching for a religious Christmas book that would be accessible to Ainsley and found it!


4. "Play in Sink!"
So this is both a thing Loved and Loathed all in one. We've spent a lot of time indoors this past week due to both weather and Ainsley's bug and let me tell you "play in sink" is the BEST toddler activity EVER! It is the one thing she could do all day long happily and other than the minor spills occasionally it is relatively clean. I loathe as well because WHENEVER I'm in the kitchen Ainsley shouts "Play in sink! Play in sink!" OVER AND OVER AND OVER! Ah, I guess it's a cross I'll have to bare.

5. Christmas shopping in MN.
As shopping with the two girls in tow is virtually impossible (correction, BROWSING is impossible, shopping is just really really difficult) I was blessed with some alone time in MN to get some much needed Christmas browsing, and shopping completed. My mom and I ventured to Peapods in St Paul (the best baby store in the twin cities if you ask me). I scored some adorable Smartwool booties and socks for the girls stockings as well as some Kathe Kruse toys for Louise and egg shakers for Ainsley. I also visited the General Store in Minnetonka, an old favorite of mine. I got Louise's first Christmas ornament, a bunch of stocking stuffers and a big wind up tape measurer for Ainsley. I also got to shop for some new pants for me that actually fit, SO exciting, as well as join my younger sister for bridesmaid and wedding dress shopping (all successful). I forgot how fun getting out can be SANS babies ( I love you girls, you just make a lot of things difficult). I can't wait to see their (ok mostly Ainsley's) faces on Christmas morning!

1 comment:

  1. Plus- the sales tax (or lack there of) is pretty sweet in MN. I miss that about CO.

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.