Saturday, February 6, 2010

New Shoes

This Saturday marks the near end of a fairly good week. While Ainsley and I didn't make it out as much as I would have liked (thanks sporadic snow storms and blustery winds) the days seemed full and for the most part, happy.

That little girl grows on me more every day. She is so entertaining and loving. While she still won't snuggle for more than 3 seconds, she'll run over and rest her head on my lap or pat my head. I'll take any affection I can get.

She's entering the new phase of bringing me every little thing that she finds and then promptly taking is back with a look that says "why would you take my stuff?"..."uh, because you gave it to me sassy pants." She's quite the kick.

While talking on the phone, "reading" to herself, and climbing EVERYTHING are still her favorites she can now descend the stairs unassisted, "brush" her teeth (she shakes her head rather than move her hand side to side) unzip her clothes and take them off, do the sign for milk and sort a few of the shapes in her shape sorter.

I will show her how to do something once and no matter how difficult it is she will at least attempt to mimic it. She gets REALLY frustrated when she can't do something (Ian's child much?) so problem solving is something we're working on. This week I asked her to bring me a book and she did! She then picked up her own favorite book, turned around, and backed up into my lap. Every day she has her own agenda. When she wants to go out she grabs her coat and puts her hood on to show me she'd like to GO OUT PLEASE! When she's hungry or thirsty she tells me and when she wants to go to sleep she finds the nearest pillow or stuffed animal and burries her face in it. It's hard to believe just months ago she was a little blob unable to communicate. I'm almost glad she's not talking too much yet. I don't know that I could handle it!

I bought Ainsley a new pair of shoes this week after much deliberation. We're going to Florida in a month and she needed some good walking sandals, but of course I wanted them to be cute as well. I found these on zappos and when they arrived and I took them out Ainsley immediately grabbed them, sat down in her stocking feet and held out her new shoes to me so that I could put them on. She hasn't wanted them off since. A girl after my own heart.

So far this weekend has been filled with paying bills, filling out taxes, emailing and making calls to book showings for the apartment, and showing the apartment. I'm ready for a nap already. I hope at some point adult life allows for some fun! Once the apartment is rented, finally! and all of the little house things are taken care of I'm hoping I can relax more. I am so looking forward to going to Montana in a week and Florida in March. I am ready to get out of this gloom and have some fun with family.

Here is a picture of Ainsley's new shoes. Pretty cute huh? I wish they came in my size.




1 comment:

  1. Way cute. Glad you had a good week and that you are getting to enjoy your little girl. I am sure that in a few years from now this detailed post about what she does/did will be invaluable.

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.