Saturday, February 27, 2010

Good Day


So, even though I woke up completely overwhelmed by all that I have to do this weekend I am feeling optimistic and relatively relaxed after a productive morning.

Ainsley was sick again this week hence I got NOTHING done over the past three days. I always thought that when my baby was sick I would actually be able to be more productive as they would be sleeping or lying around all day. This is true however I never knew that it would be on my chest that she would be sleeping ALL day and ALL night. She would not leave my side. Very uncharacteristic for such an independent child. It was nice for the first 12 hours or so to catch up on my favorite shows while lying on the couch with my sleeping baby. I must admit after that it got old. Sucking boogs out of her nose, forcing medicine down her throat, listening to her cough and moan in pain. It was rough. Thankfully she's on the mend today and at least spent a few solid hours in her own crib last night.

In other news I tried on all of my summer clothes this morning, and, drumroll....they ALL fit!!! I was prepared to look like a stuffed sausage in everything as I weighed in 5 pounds heavier than I thought I was at my first prenatal appointment, but I am now chalking that up to water retention, and/or holiday weight as everything fits just like it did last summer. Now how long it will fit is a whole other story, but I'm taking things one day at a time.

For my birthday I revceived two great dresses from my mom that should work all summer long. I am particularly excited about this one...
So cute right? It is an actual maternity dress but I may just wear it all the time regardless. It's so comfy. Summer weddings here I come!

I am also pretty excited about Ian's gift. He gave me a bread maker! I know most women request that their husbands get them things without plugs for their birthdays, but I must be different. I had asked for one a while ago and was impressed to see that he remembered. I am going to make my first loaf today. I have been making bread by hand for a while now and every once and a while I get a good loaf, but mostly I just lose patience kneading or don't let it rise enough and end up with a hard lump of bread like stuff. I am excited to give a try for the first time today!

Here's to hoping the day continues well. There's still lots to do.

P.S. Can anyone walk me through putting pictures up on here? Everytime I try they go right to the top and then I can't move them to where I want in the post or if I can move them they goof up the script. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the rest of your day went well . . . About the pictures- just type your text, then place your cursor on the line you would like the picture. They upload the picture and it should go right where you had your cursor. Does that help?

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.