Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm So Excited

I'm pregnant again, if you haven't already read on facebook. It feels so great to have the news out and get all of the great support and congratulations from people. The first few weeks are always such an interesting time filled with joy, anticipation, and a tidge of hesitation. Now that the world knows it feels so much more real, well that and the fact that I couldn't button the top button of my snowpants this past week in Montana.

So far I have felt really good. I can't tell if it's just that this time around I have a 14 month old running around hence WAY less time to sit around thinking about how nauseaus and exhausted I feel or that I actually just feel great. On the weekends I tend to crash pretty hard because Ian is around to watch Ainsley so I take advantage of rest time.

I am getting anxious about getting big again. I feel like I was just getting used to being my old self again and here we go! I am thrilled though. Ian and I have both always wanted a. a big family and b. children close together. We didn't want Ainsley getting too used to the idea that she gets all the attention, she's a girl that would run with that in a big way.

Montana was amazing. I skiied twice (no worries, at the speeds I was going my worst injury would be from a yawn) went for a mountain jog, and went snowshoeing. While there was more snow than Chicago it was BEAUTIFUL. Blue skies, fresh snowcapped mountains, log cabins. I love Montana. I hope to get out there is in the summer sometime to take advantage of hiking and rafting.

Next on the docket is a trip to Sanibel. This will be Ian's first time experiencing the wonder that is southwest Florida. I am already salivating over the fried grouper sandwich at Grandma Dots and the fresh grapefruit and beach jogs in the morning. Now if only I can still fit into some of my summer clothes.

I can't wait to see what the coming months and weeks bring. We have been so blessed and I can only imagine what God has in store for us.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously? Wow. Congratulations deary! I am glad you are feeling good. How big of a family do you want? I am glad your trip was nice- and that you are lucky enough to have another one planned already! enjoy.

    And congratulations again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lucky to have parents with lots of frequent flier miles, and free places to stay otherwise neither of these trips would be happening, especially with just buying a house. We always talked about having 4, but now Ian says at LEAST 5...ha! I'm thinking after this one we'll take a bit of a hiatus, as after this one we'll need to buy a minivan to make trips home and that scares me more than being a mom of 2 babies under 2!

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.