Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Motivation Station

I don't know if it's due to Ainsley sleeping through the night again or just a general change of heart, but this week is going infinitely better than many previous ones.

I think I was almost paralyzed by all that we had to do in regards to the house, moving, holidays, Ainsley's first birthday. I just couldn't bring myself to start anything. It was all just too overwhelming. How do people EVER move with a baby? I have 3 hours a day to myself (naptimes) if I'm lucky and to be quite honest, using my precious free time to pack and organize is not good for my sanity.

Lucky for me I discovered that Ainsley is quite happy to play while I organize. She LOVES when I pull out a box of old baby clothes that she can rip apart and crawl around in. Today I discovered a baby sized lawn chair that we hadn't used this summer because she was still too small. I believe it's her new favorite toy.

So I've resurrected the morning routine of getting down to business from the get go. While still in our pajamas Ainsley and I tend to be the most productive and then it sets the tone for the rest of the day. I still spend her naps watching a movie or show on the couch while continuing to knit her behemoth Christmas stocking. (Aside - My brilliant plan to felt a Christmas stocking means that I need to knit one 3 times the normal size so that when it felts it IS normal size...not so brilliant) Other than that though, we've gone through most of the major areas to clean and organize and I'm actually thinking of looking up moving boxes (any ideas on where to get free ones?) and starting to pack some of the lesser used items in our home.

This whole process still seems to surreal to me. I've dreamed of owning a home from the minute Ian and I got married. It had been borderline painful for me not to be able to paint rooms and change light fixtures. I am all about the little details in a home. Funny that in our new home we will have to forgo most of these details to fund a kitchen redo. At least the option is there. We will be painting some rooms, but that's about it to start. In the spring we are hoping to have a enough money to do a little landscaping, or at least plant a small vegetable garden. The possibilities are so exciting.

Now to just get this whole apartment organized and packed. One day at a time!

2 comments:

  1. Wow- you are packing so much already! way to go. I am glad that you can pack while the little one is awake. That is helpful.

    I am glad that everything is going better! I am sure it will be great. I understand what you mean about the exciting possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I lived in Iowa I got free boxes from the grocery store. I always asked for the fruit boxes they were the best and very clean :) They always had me drive around back to pick them up. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.