Monday, October 26, 2009

Another gray morning. Ugh. At least I have a valid excuse for why I'm still in my pajamas at 9:30 in the morning.

After a few weeks of dropping the "self soothe" ball with Ainsley, Ian and I let her cry herself back to sleep last night. It took over an hour for her to settle down once she woke herself up at 12:46. Double ugh. I hope she remembers quickly how it used to be.

We are so consistent for weeks and then we go on a trip or someone comes to stay with us and everything gets all messed up. She'll be sleeping through the night just fine and then when there is ANY change in her schedule she flips out at night. She's also had a cold for a while which doesn't help. I can't let her scream herself to sleep for an hour when we're staying with family or family is staying with us. Can I? Any advice would be helpful.

She's down now for a morning nap. Here's hoping it's a long one!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa two posts right in a row?! Nice going.

    I have no advice. You can do it though. Good job mom.

    (P.S. I am often in my pjs at 9:30 am- still early. = ) )

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.