Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ha

I'm laughing as I read my last post, and now it's been almost a month again before I wrote. Uff da. Well, serves me right for making a virtual promise.

A lot has happened in the last month. Ainsley is, of course, one month older. She took her first steps at 9 months, 4 days old and can now motor across a whole room without falling on her hiney. Her newest sound is either "Th" or "s". It also sounds a bit like a speech impediment sound. Speech pathologist Aunt Julie will have to advise at Thanksgiving.

We are buying a house in Oak Park. One came on the market after about 3 weeks of nothing great. We saw it, we loved it, we made an offer. One very stressful attorney review period later we're just waiting to close! We went on a family trip to IKEA this morning to look at kitchen cabinets. It's the one area that we want to rehaul in the new house. I'm mostly just excited now with only about 5% left of nerves.

The sun has finally broken after days of gloom and rain. Perhaps we'll get a few good days of fall left. I'm going into the winter painfully aware of how limited my activities with Ainsley are going to be. Any good ideas for things to do with an almost 1 year old?

Both Ian's and my mom came to visit in the past weeks. I am lucky to have a mother in law that I truly enjoy the company of. It was actually on a walk with her that we muttered the phrase "wouldn't it be great to live on this block?" as we walked by the cul de sac street ending at the best park in Oak Park. Lo and behold we will indeed be living on that block. My mom visited this past weekend and we spent the majority of the time up in Winnetka with her parents. I did get to show her and my sister our house and was reinthused after a long and painstaking home inspection the week before. She brought Ainsley her first snow suit! Along with adorable overalls that she sewed and her trusty sewing machine to help me with the waldorf doll I'm making for Ainsley for Christmas, or her birthay, I can't quite decide yet. I love that "I'm " making Ainsley her doll when really I ordered the supplies and my mom will be walking be through every step. I'm a knitter, aspiring to branch out into other crafts.

Tonight is my favorite tv show night. I'll get to sit for 2 whole hours and knit Ainsley's ginornous Christmas stocking watching abc. That is if Ainsley will go to bed early enough to let me. Considering she didn't go down for her afternoon nap until 3:15, it's not looking good.

I'll update again soon..that is NOT a promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.