Saturday, October 8, 2016

Biking and Yardwork and Decorating, Oh My!

Ah fall.  It continues to be my favorite.  Just last weekend I went biking on the trail, past the lake, into Excelsior for lunch and baby shower planning.  When I got home I walked in the door and demanded that Ian do the same, bike to the lake that is.  I still pinch myself almost daily that we are here, in this perfect spot, Minnesotans again, all five of us.



Felix and I have been living it up while the girls are in school.  I find I have to keep our plans on the down low or the girls get crazy jealous.  If they do, I simply remind them I had this time with them too when they were little.  They still think it's dramatically unfair.  I hear that, but what's a mama with her last little baby to do?

trike ride around the neighborhood


burley/bike ride to the park





picnic lunch at a park preserve after biking to the library


The Arboretum


Lunch with daddy on his telecommute day



Iron Man!


We've been biking everywhere.  If Felix had his way he'd chug along in that trike all day.  I compromise by doing one lap around the neighborhood and then hitching up the burley for the hilly miles long bike rides to our destinations.  I know I'll always miss the walkability of our old home, but I LOVE all of the biking.

Here are a few measly photos of the house, well more the decorations for fall and our new piano!!!!  I keep promising myself I'll take proper house photos when the house is mostly clean that one day a week that it is, then I never do.  Someday soon.  





I've finally begun to tackle the clean up of the yard for winter.  Bit by bit things are getting cut back and tidied.  I knew that it was going to be a big job and it is, but I love having the sun on my face and my helper Felix by my side and those gorgeous mums popping up everywhere don't hurt one bit.




This week I'm looking forward to the girls' conferences.  I love both of their teachers so much and they both seem to really be finding their groove in school.  I really love my morning alone, exercising and moving at my own pace for a bit.  This week I hope to start some new knitting projects. I finally finished Ruth and Dan's afghan and now I hardly know what to do with myself.  Perhaps finally finish our quilt top?  And of course the girls' costumes need to be made, though after seeing the Wizard of Oz for the first time tonight they're both reconsidering being munchkins instead.  Ha!  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.