Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Home Again

Nothing says "we're home from a 2.5 week vacation" like three unpacked IKEA bags of randomness, bare cupboards, a wild growing garden, and a mom taking a nap at 5pm.  Ah vacation, we love you.

We had such a tremendous time in Minnesota.  The cabin was wonderful (Ian took all the photos, sorry none to share of my own).  The kids loved the water so much and we soaked in every ounce of sun and lake and fun that we could.  Ainsley tried water skiing again, Louise tubed on her own for the first time and Felix tubed with Ian!  I was on the dock watching in astonishment as my long legged man shot across the lake with our tiny guy in his lap.  Lots and lots of fun was had.

After Ian flew home I stayed on with the kids for an extra week.  I was so excited to get to spend some time at my childhood home with my children when it wasn't a holiday or a quick stopover.  We went to Lake Minnetonka, we got ice cream from Adele's, we played at parks, the girls saw a movie and slept over at their cousin's, we went the the General Store and downtown Excelsior and found all sorts of fun things.  I loaded up on tax free clothes and shoes for the kids at Once Upon a Child.  I almost didn't want the week to end!

Now we're home, with a mere two weeks before another shorter cabin trip.  This morning I was antsy to get errands done, meals planned, the garden and yard tidied.  Now I'm excited to slide right back into summer life here.  Parks and pools and splash pads and quality time with my kiddos who'll be starting school before I know it!

I hope you all have had a wonderful couple of weeks.  Isn't summer grand?





















No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.