Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Yay Fall!!!

Fall is here.  I love it.  Tonight I told the girls I was choosing all of the books.  I was craving our favorite fall reads.  Boy did Ainsley throw a hissy fit that I wouldn't read Hansel and Gretel for the quadrillionth time, but we sure enjoyed ourselves anyways.

In fact, enjoying is mostly what we've been up to lately.

garden snack date with Louise


Felix's first selfie









Haha.  Love that I made such a sentimental statement to forward a bunch of photos of Felix crying.  It's all in the big picture I guess.
We're having fun with all things fall these days.  Painting pumpkins (and dissecting them when Felix lobs them off the table and they crack open), sewing pumpkins on (clean!) recycled meat trays, winding yarn (so much that my swift is permanently attached to the dining room table, endless entertainment for all, nature walks, impromptu park meet ups with school friends, snack picnics, mum planting, pumpkin spotting (two from our vine now!  both in our neighbor's yard of course).  It's phenomenal.
I am so excited for the weeks and months to come.  We've started talking about halloween.  Our block has a chili party that night which will make it extra fun.  I love our neighborhood so much but I think I love it the most at Halloween.  Growing up we'd trick or treat for hours to fill our orange buckets with candy, here it takes about 20 minutes.  It's the best community holiday.  It's made me fall in love with Halloween like I was a kid again.
I am enjoying my crafts.  I was a bit devastated when I realized I'd knit about 5 inches past a point where I'd dropped a whole chuck on the lace pattern for the front of Ainsley's sweater.  I bit the bullet and ripped it back tonight, swigged some wine and am back at it.  No time to mourn when fall knitting is in full swing!
This weekend is going to be crazy, hopefully very fun too.  We have three birthday parties and two fall festivals.  After a few calm weekends it feels nice to have lots of fun plans!  Though I was hoping to oblige Louise's wish to go to the mall and get an Aunt Annie's pretzel (her one birthday wish we hadn't fulfilled).  And I'm desperate for a new fun fall top.  Any suggestions?  This mama has not been in an actual store in I can't remember how long and Gap is officially depressing to me.
Yay Fall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.