Saturday, April 26, 2014

Killer Day

Oh man today was full.

All week I've been in major spring cleaning mode, taking my full 2.5 hours of preschool Felix napping time to scour one room at a time.  First Ian's an my room, then the girls, and so on and so on.  Bit by bit these house is growing immaculate.  I'm loving it.

Then last night I lost my marbles after I came down from a 20 minute bath and the living room was a complete mess.  You win some you lose some.

Today Ian and I (and the kids somehow) joined forces and we had a rare day of total progress.  Behold.










 Ainsley had a birthday party today (2.5 hours, glorious!) allowing us the time we needed to really crank some things out while Felix napped.  We went to home depot first thing this morning for paint a plants among other things.  I FINALLY planted our tiny street corner patch.  It's been half dead filled with weeds all 4.5 years we've lived here.  I also finally found something to replace the sorry boxwood I dug up from our front garden.  A bright yellow forsythia.  I love the yellow coupled with the purple and maroon of the other plants I planted.  I wish I'd taken a photo in the morning sun.  It really is brilliant. Ian painted both the front and back steps today.  I managed to rake and weed our entire yard and re-fence the vegetable patch, which is already sprouting lettuce, beans, and spinach! I also cleaned out under the deck which was quite the feat.  Ah accomplishment.

I picked Ainsley up from her party and we stopped in the arts district to check out a new consignment shop (meh) and grab a coffee for me.  I decided last minute to run into Majamas to see if they had any good sales on their adorable baby clothes.  I snagged a new pair of my favorite pants for Felix (zutano!).  The coffee refueled me for the rest of the day and it was so fun to have a tiny outing with my big princess girl (you should have seen the looks and smiles she got from passersby, she felt oh so fancy).

In the afternoon Louise and Felix enjoyed the fresh sand in the table and then we enjoyed a brief walk with the push car and trike I unearthed from under the deck.  Felix LOVED the car.  I'm excited to have a new mode of transportation for him.

Then Ian took all three kids to the park and I took a 5pm bath (with wine!).  I came down to them watching Frozen (because what else do you do at the end of a crazy full day?) and made dinner (pan seared pork chops with sweets and greens).  Now the kids are tucked in, I'm enjoying a cup of tea and very much looking forward to not feeling like I need to do anything in particular tomorrow.  Except laundry.  There's ALWAYS laundry.

Ah.  Hoping you all had a wonderful Saturday.

Oh!  And did I mention Felix is walking?!?!!!! Well, 4-5 steps all day long.  It's pretty darn exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.