Monday, November 18, 2013

This Moment and Little Bits

We're almost three full months into the school year and I feel like I'm still shuffling around in the mornings.  Most mornings there is so much that needs to get done, at the same time I know I need to take my alone time while I can and rest if I'm going to need it at all to get me through the day.  We're still there I guess, in the thick of ohmygoodnessthisissohardtheyneedmeallthetime parenting.  I'm taking my breaths while I can.

So most mornings after Felix and I drop the girls off I come home, put him to bed and pour myself a second cup of coffee and sit.  Even if it's just for 10, 15 minutes, it feels so good.  Then I get to it, and feel good about getting things done, so I don't go crazy and so that when I go pick those two precious girls up I can focus on them and have a great rest of our day.  It's mostly working.  I love preschool mornings.

Ainsley loves preschool.  I haven't had an issue at drop off for weeks now.  She marches right in, hangs up her things and gets to it, hardly remembering to say goodbye to me anymore.  IT's sad in a way, but just how it should be.  She always has so many elaborate stories from her mornings at school.  I doubt most of them are real, she's an embellisher, but they're fun and I love her excitement.







Another milestone to note is our Ainsley girl is writing.  I know I've mentioned this before, but up until now she's still needed lots of help sounding things out, now she just sits and writes and for the most part is REALLY good at spelling words out on her own.  I think she's very motivated by all those stories she has in her head.  She loves to write.



This past weekend we had a mommy daughter date.  We were down to two pairs of thrifted shoes that fit her so she needed a new pair.  When I suggested that we go to get some more she pleaded with me.  "Oh mommy, can we please go to a new store, one that's just for shoes, brand new shoes?" You know you're gotten sucked into the thrift shop vortex when your child is Pollyanna style excited to go get new shoes, store bought shoes, at a real store!

Oh we had fun.  Ainsley picked out the blinkiest sparkliest shoes she could find.  We went to Nordstroms where they actually have great deals on last seasons shoes.  We got her a pair of $48 stride rites for $29, still WAY more than I typically spend pn shoes, but she loves them and needed them and they're really nice shoes.  Oh but we didn't stop there.  We got her a new twirly Christmas dress and Christmas presents for Pop and Uncle Joey.  I made the mistake of touring the Disney store with her where she wanted EVERYTHING so we ended up leaving with a Tinkerbell ornament for Ainsley and a Minnie Mouse one for Louise.  Then we ate lunch at the cheesecake Factory.  It was a great special morning with my girl.

We got home and heard all about Louise's morning with daddy and Felix.  They had some fun too at the conservatory and lunch at Indian buffet.

Oh my Louise, such a little spark plug.  Yesterday morning she was CRUSHED that she didn't have school, cried and cried because she loves her teachers so much.  She's such a happy little girl at school, loves her friends and being out and about.  Whenever I ask her what she wants to do in the afternoons she replies "go scooting to a pawl mama".  She LOVES her scooter and parks, and wearing her crazy hair down and pink, and dresses with tights and her cinderella shoes, and drawing and painting and play dough and crackers and eggs and anything sweet.  She's still in a sassy three year old stage of life, but still so sweet and snuggly.  I love my Louise.





And Felix, my little guy, I feel like I haven't been documenting him enough.  He's almost 7 months old.  He slept SO well last week and this weekend didn't sleep so well.  It's so hard for me to let him cry at night.  I love him so much and all he wants is to nurse and snuggle and he goes right back to sleep.  He has me wrapped around his little chubby fingers.








His baby temperament so far is somewhere between Ainsley and Louise's.  He's definitely not as docile and "easy" as Louise, not quite as fussy and desperate to move as Ainsley.  He LOVES being held, in particular by me.  The hardest time of the day for me with him is from about 4:30 - 5:30 when I'm tired and trying to figure out dinner and the girls need extra direction and he just wants to be held. It's VERY hard not to pour myself a glass of wine every day at that time :o).

Oh but he's a good baby.  He loves sitting up on the floor just grabbing and playing and biting on things.  He makes the best happy scream sound and I can really get him laughing with tickles and silliness.  He is a really good eater and LOVES food.  He still doesn't show much interest in a bottle but eats at every meal with us, some mum mums in between, and nurses every few hours still.  WE've started giving him baths with the girls and he loves that.  He just splashes and giggles.  The girls love it too.  They love their little "bubba boo" SO much.  We're pretty blesses to have three amazing little ones that all love each other so much.




As for me?  Right now I'm trying to find a balance in my days.  I have so much that I want to get done for the holidays that it's hard to be present with the kids in the afternoons.  It's very tempting to just pop on a show or set up a simple craft and leave them be so I can work.  I'm learning to use rest time well, even if it means no real rest for me.  And Ainsley is so big that she can be a real help with projects now, Louise too.  I made myself a new top last week in the two hours I had one morning while the girls were at school and Felix slept.  I needed that jumpstart, I've been lagging with my sewing projects.  Funny because last year I found it so hard to motivate to knit, this year it's the reverse.  I'm LOVING knitting right now.  It'll all get done right?



At any rate, life it still good.  I'm thankful for a fun weekend behind us and full week ahead and Thanksgiving next week.  It's going to be good.
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.