Friday, November 29, 2013

Second Snow

Yesterday it snowed.  The flurries started just as I was heading out to pick up the girls from school.  It continued right on until the sun went down leaving a thick dusting everywhere.  We suited up and enjoyed it unil Felix's pink cheeks pulled us back indoors.  We gulped down cups of our homemade hot cocoa and lit candles.  It was a delightful afternoon.















This weekend I made an epic grocery run.  Two stores, 8 bags, way too much money.  Then I cooked and baked and now our freezer and fridge are full.  I'm finding it so hard to cook on weekday nights.  My little guy only wants to be held from 4:30pm until bedtime.  It's such a load off to know that we're covered for about two weeks.  Ah, peace.

Iny's Prune Cake
Beef Enchiladas
Marzetti's Spaghetti Pie (from Joy of Cooking)
Comfort Meatballs (served with mashed potatoes, one of the most delicious comforting meals ever)

I've been ordering lots of things for Christmas and Ainsley's birthday.  I'm feeling really quilty about it all, especially since we bought almost nothing last year for the holidays.  At the same time I'm letting it go, knowing that I'm not going nuts, and enjoying getting to pick out some fun things for my girls and my guys (and myself...hey! my feet HAVE grown a full half size!)

I am in LOVE with my new Report boots...I feel so, so...fancy :o)
The gifts I'm most excited about are of course for the kids.  My favorite gifts for the girls are their own yoga mats and 1 lb weights.  I'm so tired of them fighting over mine when we work out together.  I'm also SO excited about their new games.  We play games every afternoon and while I love Orchard, Shopping Cart, and Feed the Woozle, I'm definitely getting excited to switch it up a bit.  
It's always nice to get people things you know they are going to love!

It's almost been hard to shop for Ainsley this year because there is SO much that I want to get her.  I know her so well now and with her birthday and Christmas all wrapped up together I try my best to really think through the year and get her things that I know she'll need and want for the next long while.  

I've also been having tons of fun with Ainsley planning her fifth birthday party.  If you recall last year she wasn't interested in a friend party and it's been surprisingly fun to have her on board again this year.  Since we're just having a party at home I was hoping to go with the one friend per year rule, but then the list grew to about 12.  8 are coming so far and I must say I'm excited!  She wanted it to be all about fairies but seeing as there will be some boys in attendance we decided on fairies and pirates.  She's VERY excited.

Ah snow and festivities and yummy food.  This is so very much my favorite time of year.








No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.