Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Getting Cracking

Thanks for listening to my gush the other day.  I needed that.  Both the day, and the gush.  So thanks.

I am continually surprised/shocked/amazed by how hard parenting is.  Also how rewarding and amazing.  Funny how it works out that way.

Like right now?  Since Monday? It's been amazing.  The past two mornings could not have gone more smoothly.  Louise was SO excited to practice her big ham smile for picture day yesterday and today Ainsley walked in holding her new friend Lotus' hand without so much as a peep. Remind me to find them for drop offs in the future.  Worked like a charm.

Then yesterday Ainsley didn't nap.  I was in full on clean out this house mode, unwilling to rescind my one hour of kid free time a day.  Miraculously a neighbor stopped by and offered to take her to the park with her boys.  What an amazing stroke of serendipity that was.  Everyone else napped until four, I got tons done, win, double win.

It helps so much that Felix's sleep has finally found it's way back into the normal range.  After sleeping through the night for the first 4 months of his life he decided to get up every two hours at night for three straight weeks.  I felt like a walking zombie.  Now he's napping well and sleeping 8-10 straight hours again.  I'm keeping all my parts crossed that this sticks.

It helps too that Monday felt a bit like Christmas.  I loosened the purse strings a bit to get some new things.  It was fun.  I ordered myself a new dress and shoes for some weddings coming up.  My feet have officially grown a half size after three kids and none of my fancy shoes fit.  It was a nice excuse to update my closet a bit.  Then there were the blouses for the girls' Halloween costumes, yards and yards of new fabric for Christmas gifts, more Halloween costumes, and a little something new for me. And of course fall yarn.  I LOVE fall yarn.  Good thing too seeing as it's going to take me about 100 hours of knitting to get it all done.  So excited about all of that.



Ainsley's new In Threes on top, so excited for this mint chocolate confection

And really, other than thew few hard days life has been so good.  This fall weather has been amazing.  Every weekend has been filled to the brim with fun.  Below are some photos from our day at the botanic gardens.  What a perfect morning.













And in this house there is so much love.  Just this morning the kids all woke up in tandem.  I took Felix into bed to nurse him, them Louise and Ainsley followed closely behind.  Ina went downstairs to make coffee and the girls smothered their brother with love.  I truly cannot recall one moment of malice towards our little guy on their part.  They love him so completely and wholeheartedly.  It is an awesome thing to witness.





And who can blame them?  He's pretty ridiculously adorable.




 Ah, and fall.  Fall is wonderful.


pie pumpkins and orchard apples, bags of pears and pumpkin spiced donuts


new window herbs, hardy for winter


mums and sunshine galore


an active full craft table, all. the. time.


drawing and writing from my big girl.  love love love.


a sideways picture of one of Ainley's many "Bop's Funeral" pictures.  An organ, people watching, Bop lying on a wheeled bed, her processing his death is such a journey


new art from the girls at school, I love their different styles


and always a happy  kinda dirty  full full home (blissfully quiet right now)

Ah.  So I'm back to soaking it all in.  I think I've kissed the nape of Felix's neck 1 million times today.  They all are getting so exponentially big.  This weekend we celebrate Bop's life, the following week we're in Minnesota for weddings and other fall fun.  Then Halloween! ooh fall is flying by.  I best get cracking.

Happy Wednesday friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.