Monday, March 18, 2013

34 Weeks

I have so much to say about reaching the 34 week mark, that I really find myself at a loss for words.  I know I know, I've felt a bit dramatic about hitting all these gestational milestones.  I just can't help it.

34 weeks!!!



Because you see, THIS was the point when things got concerning when I was pregnant with Ainsley and THIS was the point when I finally felt I could take my first breath after four weeks of bedrest pregnant with Louise. Yet here I am feeling as good as one can at this stage, just plugging right along.

Hitting this milestone means that the baby is a good size.  Even if the baby were born today they would most likely be just fine, a bit small and needing a bit of O2  perhaps, but in the long run?  just fine.

my new afternoon wardrobe, yoga pants, maternity t-shirt and Ian's hoodie, dressed to impress


Still rather than jump up and down and celebrate I'm still in slow down mode.  Half because being up and about for any longer than about half hour makes my back feel like it's breaking in two and half because I'm still careful not to overdo it.

Ainsley came with me to my appointment last week and all was well.  The baby is still head down, moving and squirming around all the time.  Just one more appointment until I'm full term.  I can't wait!

I'm thankful for all that the next few weeks hold, to help time move right along (right? please?).

This week is our home visit with the midwives.  They'll walk around and help us better plan for the big day.  I've allowed myself to start preparing, and now joining my just in case packed hospital satchel is a much larger homebirth, yay! bag filled with odds and ends and necessities.

Next week is the girls' spring break.  I'm trying to focus on the positives   A whole week to be with just my girls, playing and crafting like our old selves, preparing for Easter and baby fun, soaking up our little daily threesome before I really become outnumbered!!! But of course in the back of my mind I'm apprehensive about filling a whole week well without being able to get out and DO all too much.  Thank goodness for Easter activities and this late winter weather.  Really, it takes away so much guilt about us not being at the park all afternoon.  Soon, soon!

And then, just one week more.  These weeks are still flying by.  We've gotten into such a good weekday routine.  For all the worry I had this fall about filling our mornings too full with school and activities I am now SO thankful for a routine and schedule.  It's been such a blessing these past weeks and months.

And our little calm family weekends get more precious every week.  My fleeting quiet alone time while Ian takes the girls out and about in the morning is so very special to me.  While I am of course beyond delighted to nurse and care for our baby I am well aware of all that takes out of me, how much work it can feel like sometimes.  I'm soaking up every ounce of alone time I can.  And then our afternoons are just us, all together.  Making art, playing games, dancing around the living room, cooking and eating, reading and snuggling.  It's what this growing family is all about to me.  I'm loving it.

family paint session making onesies for the baby




So today I say an extra prayer of thanks, for this body of mine that is holding up well, for this growing bigger every minute baby that we all can't wait to meet, for two little girls so sweet and helpful and eager, and for my boy who goes above and beyond every day to give me the rest I need to make it through.  Pregnancy really is a team effort around here these days.

Three more weeks!

made it 34 weeks in my pre pregnancy jeans (with bella band of course)...it felt quite good to get into some yoga pants after a morning out in those


1 comment:

  1. You look great Becky! Such exciting times for your growing family.

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.