Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Meal Plan 4-2-12

Florida budgeting went surprisingly well.  We did splurge on one nice dinner out for Ian and I (oh goodness that grouper was worth it) but otherwise stayed right on track.  Yes!

Upon our return from FL I splurged a bit on a few nice weekend meals and restocked the pantry and freezer.  We ate shrimp scampi with rice and flank steak.  Both so good and there's enough flank steak left for fajitas!

Now onto this week's meals::

grilled cheese and Creamy Tomato Soup (TJs has the best!)

feta and spinach quiche

kielbasa and Pioneer Woman's Broccoli Casserole

Betsy's Pasta and salad (shrimp penne with tomato cream sauce) also Pioneer Woman

Corn and Cheddar Chowder (frozen from months back, also Pioneer Woman)

leftover Chicken Spaghetti (um, also PW...goodness I'm obsessed)

frozen pizza or chili (chili is in the freezer)

I also purchased Easter food with this batch.  We're hanging home with us 4 and Auntie Sonya.  I'm excited for a low key holiday with yummy food!

Brunch:: Eggs Benedict with PWs hollandaise, prosciutto, tomatoes an spinach

Dinner:: 1/4 spiral sliced glazed ham from TJs, Delmonico's Potatoes (I made this ATK recipe last year and they were RIDICULOUS!!!), sauteed asparagus, cornmeal biscuits

Dessert:: Banana Cream Pie and fresh whipped cream (what else?)

This whole lot ran us $160, not bad including all the special holiday food and restocking I had to do.  What's on your Easter menu this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.