Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Christmas week

I was up with Ian this morning, a rarity for me.  Now it's 6:30 and I'm showered and checked email and had coffee, and...now what?












December has been great so far.  Lots of fires and treat making, snow playing, book reading, wrapping paper making, things in Santa Mug sipping.  It's perfect.

I am so excited for Christmas this weekend. I'm like a  kid at Christmastime.  I love the excitement and the surprises and all of the anticipation and preparation.  This year my one big regret is not planning better with Ainsley to help her make gifts.  That girl has such loft expectations (trying to sew shirts for everyone!) I want to help her achieve her goals of giving in a realistic way for us both.

One thing I'm loving this year is letting go even more of having to do it all in time for Christmas.  Everyone will have something to open. We will all have PLENTY of treats.  But the decorated gingerbread may have to change into stars to make a January garland (or hearts for Valentine's day?!) The Christmas theater outing will have to be a late winter outing (I do HAVE To find a Nutcracker that won't break the bank for next year though, the girls were disappointed).  I don't have to buy and wrap every single great idea I had.  I can save things for when they need them, remembering that it's so fun a special to get things "just because" throughout the year.
I'm even trying to let go of Ainsley's birthday a bit.  She's reached the age where she's a bit sad that her birthday is shared with Christmas so we're waiting on her friend party until later in January.  I think it will be a good thing for us all.  Letting go.

This week is shaping up to be full but manageable (I hope!) Felix's preschool program yesterday was adorable and today and tomorrow are the girls' holiday parties in the afternoons.  I've spent the morning looking up some last minute crafts that the kids could make because Ainsley is desperate so I may go get some supplies with Felix today.  Last minute elving is the best!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas week!






No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.