Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Happy Spring!



Tonkadale Fairy Gardens




Day off from school Snuffy's lunch with mom



Rory and Felix, the best of pals


Too bad I caught her blinking, but my goodness!  My girl has been struggling with spelling, but I'm told it's because she tries to spell words like these...love her zeal so much.


trail running again, perhaps the thing I missed most about our near city living these past 8 years



Home Sweet Home


A nest!


A boy and his bike


It occurred to me the other day that our side yard is most definitely bigger than our whole plot in Oak Park.  So excited for those berries this summer!


Felix called me upstairs one night to show me he'd finally learned how to thumbs up properly.  So cute.


Dad's shop



New hair cut!

Organizing a new shelf and feeling very much like a parent...


My sweet Emmiline! I LOVE getting to babysit my nieces and nephews.


Their first trip to the Hill (St Olaf) wore them out!


Anyone else remember these books?  I was so excited to find one at the thrift store. $0.39!


An omen for our Florida trip fast approaching. Delicious honey tangerines!


Yet again I have a magnificent backlog of posts.  New food plans, a weekend trip to St Olaf with the kids, life in general.  When will I get my act together?!

I think I really need photos.  They motivate me.

Life could not be better. Ian and I both feel like the other shoe is about to drop any moment.  We are finally closed and done with our Oak Park house and that has lifted such a tremendous burden off of our shoulders.  I feel like for the first time in a few years I can really breathe easy. I almost don't know what to do with myself!

Right now the kids continue to be such a blessing.  They are growing and learning every moment and that keeps life so full and good.

Ainsley is loving dance.  She and Louise are in the same class and they are doing a ballet number to a Taylor Swift song for their recital and she could not be more enthused. We found a new piano teacher right in the neighborhood who is fantastic and she's loving learning how to play and having more opportunities to perform than ever! She's had such a hard time transitioning to our new life here and I'm thankful that it feels like we are at least over the worst of it.  She LOVES her new room, her big kid desk, her space when she wants it.  She's growing up to be such a lovely lively creative young lady.

Louise has had a rough go of it off and on too. She is so weepy over seemingly small things and still struggles with getting on the bus in the mornings. It's been a great lesson in patience and understanding for me.  She is also loving dance and I'm so glad for that in the girls' lives right now.  She has no interest in summer activities, is perfectly content to stay home with Felix and I. I'm content with that too.  She is very excited for Tball this spring. I am her coach and I'm excited too.  Softball was such a big part of my childhood. I'm excited to share that with her.

Felix is flighing high. Our little boy is just that,a little boy!  He talks in full big sentences, explains things, finds his F for Felix every place he can.  He loves preschool.  It's been the perfect place for him these past months.  I am so happy for that for him.  He loves anything active outdoors, riding his bike, playing T ball, kicking a soccer ball, scooting.  He also loves to cook with me and read books. His new favorites are dinosaur books.

All three of the children love our new spot here, our big driveway is so perfect for biking and scooting while we get used to the sidewalk-less streets.  Just last night I took them all on a bike ride around the neighborhood.  Louise and Felix in the burley and Ainsley solo.  My big girl powered up all the hills and shouted in glee as she got to zoom down others "this is the best bike ride ever!"  Life here is all I imagined it could be.

We head to Florida so soon. It's very exciting. Just in time to escape a late March snowfall we all knew was coming.

Happy Spring to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.