Saturday, July 6, 2013

Two Weeks

I've not been a very good blogger lately.  Ok, so the past two weeks I've been out of town, that's legitimate, but all those weeks and months before?  Psh. No excuse.

It's silly I know.  Maybe 10 people follow me on this space.  Still it's mine, it's a place to record, to look back.  SO much is going on right now, I'm so scared of it flying past without documentation.  Dang you digital world and the pressure you put on us to document and record every bit!  It's too much I tell you!

So while I'd love to go back to those days a year ago when I wrote about every meal, every funny thing the girls' said, every precious endearing moment...for now I'll have to settle for a whizzing blur, because that's exactly what it feels like.

Take these past two weeks for instance.  Four states (due to a bit of a whoops driving moment that took us to Michigan briefly), 26 driving hours, two cabins and lakes, three different beds, perhaps 4 dozen welty bug bites, over 20 friend and family greetings, lots of deep breaths, lots of smiles.











































So as you can see, we had a pretty exceptional two weeks.  So much was packed into those fourteen days.  I am still so tired I can't even put it all into words.

I will say, that for the first time, as wonderful as it all was, it was too much.  For the first time I was really truly worried about being able to do it, to make it home in one piece.  I am not wonderwoman, and once Ian left that last week was hard.  The girls missed their dad and their beds, I hated having to chose between pawning my baby off on someone to play with the girls, or snuggling my boy and missing out on fun.  I got very little sleep, my temper was stretched to the max, and that last 8 hour should have been 6 hour car ride?  Oh boy, talk about survival.

Felix has been a gift in so many ways, but right now? the biggest gift he's giving me is the permission to slow down.  I've been so caught up in trying to be the perfect mom, keep my house nice, do exciting projects with the girls, I've hardly noticed how ragged it's running me.

Right now I am so thankful for that time up north which I truly do love, but perhaps even more thankful for my home, certainly for my family.  For now our life is here, with the pool up the street and our scraggly backyard.  Our comfy cozy place all our own.  Right now it's all about my kids, my three precious people.  My boy, our time together is so sparse and special.  And it's a little bit about me too, about finding the time to get me back, ground myself a little.  Ah, it's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.