Saturday, March 27, 2010

Florida










Florida was a complete blast. I was prepared for the worst, weather and travel wise, and it couldn't have worked out better. Ainsley was a trooper on the plane, worming her way into the other passengers affections. She of course got squirly but between Ian, myself, and lots of tricks in my bag, she did wonderfully.

The weather was about 75 and sunny every day execpt for one late afternoon and morning of rain which worked in my favor because I got burned so badly the first day. My typically sun loving skin has turned Norweigan or something with this pregnancy, good to know for the summer.

As for activities, there was never a dull moment. Ainsley LOVED everything. The first morning we took her to the beach and she ran screaming into the ocean. Even when the frigid waves bit her toes she charged ahead. The hardest part of the week was trying to dry her off and keep her warm. She suprisingly, ate very little sand but definitely enjoyed rubbing it into her hair. Luckily she also loved the sprayer at the end of the boardwalk to clean herself up. It actually became quite the point of contention to keep her away from that spigot. She loved the pool equally and while parents of more "normal" children were complaining that the pool heater was broken, thus keeping their warm blooded children out of the water there sat Ainsley bounding down the steps of the pool blue lips shivering the whole way. What a character that girl is.

She didn't sleep well the first few nights which was to be expected, however Ian and I could have slept like babies thanks to the ocean breeze and surf pounding on the shore all night. Heaven. Luckily Ainsley's sleep sheep mimics this noise and eventually she got the hang of her temporary bed and was quite the sleeper.

I ate my fair share, as per usual. Favorites are still the fried Grouper sandwich from Gramma Dots, key lime pie, Bubble Room cake, and anything JoAnn makes on the grill. Good thing my pregnant belly hides all those goodies, or does it?

It was wonderful to be with great family and friends again after whats felt like ages. Ainsley so thrives in an active loving environment and try as Ian and I may we just can't compete with a loving group of people stimulating her every moment.

Pops taught her how to say "doctor" as well as any 15 month old can. She sat for books with Grammy and loved to sing and look at plants and birds. I am always amazed that for such an active baby she truly loves to calmly sit and take things in too. She listens when you talk, most of the time, and loves to help out when she is able. She has now learned the sign for tired and lets us know when she wants to go to bed. We communicate more and more everyday and I saw just in this one week how much she has grown.

We have a busy week ahead with lots of visitors and errands to run. I'm thankful to be kept busy but feeling exhausted just thinking about it. That one cup of coffee I'm allowed every day just isn't enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.