Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Fun

I cannot believe that there are only two weeks until Christmas!  This season has simply flown, it always does.

These first weeks of December have been full and mostly good.  This year I am loving the ease of the holiday season.  Projects and plans come more easily to me now than they did in my first years of parenting.  The girls are big enough to really get into it and be independent and zealous in their celebrating ad preparing.  Now the trick is fitting it all in!












The days go so fast with Ainsley in school and Felix and Louise napping away the afternoons so after school time is crunch time!  I'm thankful that I moved Louise's gymnastics class to Friday mornings so that we have one more afternoon free to be together and have fun.

This week we checked many "musts" off of our holiday prep list.  Cookies for cookie walks, paper garlands, and a gingerbread house.  We've even resurrected our post dinner bundled up walks with hot cocoa and Christmas stories by the light of the tree.

This weekend we have two winter festivals, three birthday parties (one of which is Ainsley's!) and brunch and the nutcracker on Sunday.  It's going to be so full and fun, Im trying to prepare as best as I can so we can enjoy it fully and still be ready to hit the road the following weekend for Christmas in Minnesota.

I hope you all are enjoying the season as much as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.