Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Little Bit of This...

Excuse my posting infrequency as of late.  Not only have our days been relatively the same (read:: survive the mornings, monster naps, play inside, eat, repeat), but I've been horrible at taking photos.  

There have been so many moments that I've wanted to capture.  The girls raucously giggling over their latest pretend game (weddings, princesses having babies, and red hiding hood are the current favorites), Louise looking way too old with her hair all up in a bun for school, Ian suddenly looking so adult and scientisty as he heads off to work in sweater vests and ties (he's even stopped and called Dr. quite often by strangers at the VA), Ainsley working so hard on her 100 piece puzzles, writing letters to friends and long grocery lists, practicing her mermaid drawings over and over.  But just getting up from whatever position I'm in, finding the camera, and taking the photo seems monumental most days.  I'm doing my best to keep it close.  I want to capture these last few weeks, just us four.  They're feeling more precious every day.





32 weeks 3 days





It's been a bizarre week so far.  We had the most beautiful steady snowfall on Tuesday, leaving over 8 inches of powdery white in its wake.  Ian took Ainsley out to shovel while Louise and I played, then I took Louise out to let her romp around.  This may be the last hurrah with snow for the season.  I'm glad it was such a memorable one (but am definitely looking forward to the thaw!)

In that spirit, I've found little bits of spring all around.  We can't seem to pass up the $1.49 daffodils at Trader Joe's and this week Louise insisted on a $4 bunch of wildflowers to go with. I couldn't complain.  They brighten the house so much.

In an effort to run as few errands as possible I brushed off my dough hook and made a new bread recipe when we were down to one heel.  You guys?  PLEASE make this.  It's the fastest, easiest, most delicious bread I've made.  Raw ingredients to fully cooked loaves? About 75 minutes.  Good to know that if the sh** really hits the fan when the baby comes, we'll at least have bread, ooh, and yogurt.  I feel better already.

Today for lunch we picnicked indoors, the picture above depicts my two girls so well.  Sweet agreeable Louise, cantankerous as ever Ainsley May.  I can't wait to see those two girls as new big sisters.  It's going to be good.

And me?  Well, I'm growing, that's for sure.  At that stage where any walk longer than a few blocks is pretty uncomfortable.  I'm trying to find a balance between cautious and normal, really listening when my body needs a break, thankful for girls who usually let me have it, still optimistic about making 36.5 weeks (only 4 weeks and 2 days to go!), wishing I could do more, swallowing my pride lots and asking for help, savoring my girls and my family as they are, so excited for the changes to come.

It's supposed to hit 50 this weekend.  I do believe we'll be saying goodbye to most of this snow.  What great timing to roll over into spring, new birth, rebirth, cherishing it all along the way.

I hope you all have had a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.