Sunday, January 11, 2015

Food This Week (1/11/15)

Oh man.  Last week was good.  Tonight was AMAZING.  Ian bought some pork belly at this new butcher and I found a taco recipe and it was THE BEST THING EVER.  Seriously one of the top ten things I've made, and it was so easy.
Pork Belly Tacos
(we just had 1.5 lbs of belly and it worked just fine.  I couldn't find the slaw he used so I just used regular and it was THE BEST SLAW!  And how ingenious to put a delicious slaw and avocado on your taco?  Yum.  I want more already.)

There's no way I can make this week live up to last week so I'm just winging it.  Still excited though.

Giada's Winter Minestrone with rolls (a healthy hearty favorite I haven't made in a while - and you must MUST add the parmesan rind.  It makes all the difference)

Butternut Squash and Kale Gnocchi (never made it last week thanks to the pork belly deliciousness)

Moosewood Spinach Calzones (another favorite I'd forgotten about)

Potsticker Soup (I have one package of potstickers in the freezer and since 1 package is not enough on it's own to feed our brood, soup it is!)

Eggs in Tomato Sauce (one of my favorite ways to have eggs for dinner when I'm all frittata-ed out, and a simpler nod to an old favorite Birds Nests

Trader Joes Fish and Chips (battered baked cod and sweet potato fries...another family favorite I haven't made in a long time, and by make I mean put in the oven.  Thank you Trader Joe's)

I'm also hoping to motivate to make some homemade cheesy crackers and raisin oatmeal muffins.  We'll see how motivated I stay after such a big cooking week this past week!

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.