Monday, August 18, 2014

Last Week

Oh my, it's been almost a whole week since I got back from Texas and I'm just now winding down.  It's absolutely incredible what two days of freedom did for me.  I have been in the best mood this whole week, had incredible energy, can I go away again this weekend?

Aside from the freedom the weekend brought the trip was amazing.  I had so much fun hanging out with my mom, catching up with old friends and celebrating Lisa.  Her wedding was beautiful, there were so many awesome little touches.  I was so thankful to get to be there for so many reasons.













Now we're down to our last week of summer.  This week has been filled with chores and errands, hopefully setting us up for lots of time for fun this next week.

I am having so much fun getting ready for Louise's birthday.  She's at such a great age where she's excited for her birthday and a party and presents and cake but could care less about any of the details.  I just sent out invitations this past week for her party next week and so far everyone can come! yay!  We're just planning a simple fun home party, lots of games and fun treats, a few simple crafts.  I am most excited for the ice cream cone cupcakes.  I hope they turn out!


For gifts I vowed to keep it simple but of course kept adding a few things here and there.  It's so fun to treat my girl on her big day.  I have yet to cut out the felt for the bunny I'm making her, but the knit accessories are almost done.  I always get my kiddos a couple new books.  I am most excited about a fun new princess dress up hat I got her and a tiny make up kit.  She LOVES makeup and I have so little I thought it'd be fun for her to have her own and really have some fun.  Auntie Sonya gave her an early birthday present of a Barbie and Ainsley wanted to get her some new clothes that I'm sure will be a big hit.  Ainsley has already let us know she won't be able to hang out too much with Louise on her actual birthday because she'll be at kindergarten, but we're allowed to have some fun with her on our own.  What a funny girl!

And on the subject of kindergarten, after turning the corner last week we're full steam ahead.  Last night was the form and fee night at the school where we got to go turn in some things and tour the school.  Ainsley lucked out in that her teacher was there too so she got to meet her young red headed Ms Heaphy.  She has asked me at least 11 time already this morning "how many days left until school starts?!  I AM SO EXCITED!!!"  I am too.  It feels good!

So this weekend we have the farmers market and end of summer garage sales, Louise park meet and greet for preschool and a breakfast date for me with a good friend.  I am excited to get a few good runs in, spend some time outside and enjoy the second to last weekend of this long great summer.
Happy weekend to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.