Monday, July 22, 2013

Life Lately

Ah Summer.  By far my LEAST favorite season.  I know I know, we all long for sun and warmth, but really I'd take 50 and cloudy any day over this 100+ sun blazing heat we've been having.  If it's too hot to be active I don't want it!

Still, we're kind of having a blast.  I am soaking up this time with my three little people, knowing full well that in no time school will be here and I'll be missing my two big girls (but relishing in the time with my little man, let's be real ;o)

We still manage to get out most mornings, whether it be for an errand, a play date, the park or the library.  While afternoons can feel long if the girls don't nap I LOVE those hours the most.  They are slow and precious and most usually filled with calm fun.  Ah summer.













I've been trying to use this time wisely, namely, soaking it all up.  Ainsley is so imaginative and thirsty for learning and knowledge, she blows my mind daily.  Louise is such a big little lady, telling stories, singing songs, so happy to work on her own projects and carry out plans.  And our Felix boy?  Ah, the smiles, the LAUGHING! When he's awake all he wants to be doing is locking eyes, cooing and chatting and loving.  He reminds us to dial it back, soak it up, it's grand and full.  This time is so special,I am overwhelmed by the fullness of it all.

And on the side?  I'm gearing up a bit.  For fall, for my two girls to be in school, for Louise's THIRD birthday!!! for one more trip up north before summer's end, for weddings of friends and family.  I'm finding a new groove for myself.  Lots of baths at night for reading, a bit of baby wearing with Felix for sewing and cooking, knitting a few rows here and there to keep things moving along, lots of floor time for games, puzzles, books and tummy time.

I have moments when I feel guilt for not making more plans, reaching out more to friends and getting up to see family more often.  Then I just refocus a bit, knowing that there will be time for all that soon.  Right NOW is moving so fast.  I just want to be here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.