Thursday, December 16, 2010

SOOOO Excited!

Laundry is done, bags are packed, cookies are baked and in their tins for transport, presents are wrapped...we are ready! We leave tomorrow afternoon for Minnesota for 10 days of birthday and Christmas fun.

I have always felt like a kid again this time of year, but even moreso now that I have children of my own. Ainsley "gets" about 80% of what's going on and definitely knows that some important and special days are coming up.

I can't wait to see her in her cute little party dress and red shoes on her birthday, ripping open presents and smiling away. We NEVER buy her gifts "just because" so it's extra special to have a day just to spoil her :o). She is already very excited for her cake and hot dogs and Ian is equally excited for the honey baked ham. I hope the weather doesn't keep anyone away this year!

And then there's Christmas. Waking up with anticipation, running down the stairs to see what santa brought and spying your bursting stocking hanging above a crackling fire. While last year was fun with Ainsley this year is going to be amazing. I can hardly wait!

I'm glad to have a lot on my plate to keep me busy in the next 24 hours. I plan to make one more batch of cookies and clean this house from top to bottom so that I came come home to an organized space. Now if only this cold would shake itself I'd be set!

Merry Christmas everyone! See you in the New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Ainsley!

    Have a great Christmas. Maybe we will see you around . . .

    ReplyDelete

i LOOOOOVE comments. Seriously. They make my lonely stay at home mama day.